In the second half of the show, Jake and I go back through older comics, both memorable and terrible, of the Punisher’s history in a segment called Flashbacks. We enjoy getting suggestions from the audience, and now those recommendations can all be in one place!
If you’d like to get in on this, just post your suggestions in the comment box below. You don’t need to be registered in with WordPress or have a Facebook ID to post. Just put down a screen name and an email address and you’re golden. It may take a day for the post to show up since we moderate the comments for spam, but it will get there. A few other notes:
1. The only requirement is that the Punisher should be in the issue(s). It doesn’t matter if it’s a Punisher comic or guest spot in another comic, all are welcome.
2. Lay out titles and issue numbers when possible. It’s not required, but the easier you make it for us, the quicker it is for us to find said issues. If you want us to talk about a certain run or “era” of the Punisher, that’s fine too, but we’ll then pick issues we want to talk about to fit time constraints.
3. If you’re unsure if we covered the comic or not, go back to the main page and do a search. We may have already discussed it!
4. While we appreciate the input, please keep in mind that there is no guarantee to when we may discuss your comics. Jake and I may be working through other suggestions, or trying to finish off a run, or matching a theme that episode. In the worst case scenario, we may not find anything engaging about it, but we really try not to do that.
5. If for some reason you don’t want to name your recommendation here, you can still email us. This page is just here to help us keep track of the backlog easier, so your suggestion doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
Punisher appears in Daredevil: The Devil Inside Out by BRUBAKER. Best DD/Punisher interactions ever. No antagonism!
Venom: Funeral Pyre miniseries, guest starring Punisher.
In the 90s, there was a brief time when Marvel had only two comic book characters- Venom and Punisher. I present this series, where both of them tried (and failed miserably) to introduce a new character literally less than zero people care about. There are somehow negative people that care about Pyre. People care so little about him that it almost circles back around to caring, but misses ever so slightly.
It’s topical, too, dealing with gangsta violence and rap music as only comic books can.
Aaron’s Pun Max run.
OK, forgot you covered Aaron in bullet points. “Force of Nature” one shot? I think you might have covered it, can’t recall when though.
Punisher Noir, Jigsaw Puzzle,
5 Ronin Issue 3
Guys, the Winter Olympics are in Russia this year, if this isn’t a perfect to do a Flashback on Mother Russia from the Max run I don’t know what is, if you really wanted you could even throw in Man of Stone.
Hi dudes i cant remember if you did this in flashbacks but fortress Miami or the v.i.g.i.l. storylines please
All the best Neil (from NORTHERN Ireland) Matthews